Friday, August 25, 2006

Custom Line6 Variax guitars

It's no secret I dig Line6 audio interfaces, amp modelling and effects, but their variax line of guitars and basses is another story. I will not say I resent them, but some test drives at the music shop didn't convince me.

But I just discovered this site where a guy demonstrates how he transplants the variax circuitry into his own custom made guitars! Besides it being an interesting idea/ concept, he makes really beautiful guitars too.

Here's the link to the main page


On the consecutive pages he even shows in pictures the whole production process:

Here is are the pages with the building process for the different guitars:

StrataVariax- one

CustomVariax- Two

Nylonvariax- Three

CustomVariax- Four


If I had the money, I would let him build a guitar for me, a regular one...

No comments: